Friday, March 4, 2011

Take care, brush your hair...

I leave tomorrow morning for New Orleans. Food and drink aplenty await my arrival, not to mention Mardi Gras. I'm hoping to draw some musical inspiration from all the live jazz I'll be hearing in the coming days. I've never been there, so I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed with all the new sights and sounds that I usually only get on the Travel Channel. I only started to get excited for the trip this week, so at this point, the final hurdle is the actual travel. God damn I hate flying. Not from fear, more from pure hatred of 99% of humans. Rudeness, obnoxiousness, being herded like cattle from one area to the next, it all gets to me. My wife says that my mute button needs work, I wholeheartedly agree. Enough of the bitch fest...

I listened to Deftones' "Diamond Eyes" for probably the billionth time this morning. Holy shit, that's a great record. Probably the best heavy record of 2010, but who knows, I didn't listen to them all. I think I love everything about that band. Stephen Carpenter is kind of the man when it comes to that ambient-shoegaze metal sound. I can't think of anyone who creates textures like that guy. I'm looking forward to Rival Schools' new one, out next week. I've also had Cloudkicker's "Beacons" in heavy rotation for over 2 months thanks to Derek from National Sunday Law and Graviton.

I'm outta here...til next week....

-d

No comments:

Post a Comment